Saturday, February 2, 2008

Lords' Little Helpers, Inc.

I would like to tell you about a non-profit that my mom created to help me and eventually other children. I have incurred many medical bills and expenses during the 2 years of my life. We have great insurance, but still there are many bills that are 'left over' after insurance pays. We have to go to Stanford in Palo Alto, CA once a month which costs quite a bit, too. My mom started this non-profit to help kids and families like ours, families that need a little help once in a while to cover costs of prescriptions, travel expenses, medical needs, etc.


The board's vision for the non-profit will be to have annual fund raisers such as walk-a-thons, golf-a-thons, etc., things to raise money for the community and their children. They are very excited with some fun ideas that they have and hope to start some 'bigger' projects next year. Right now they are trying to get through my transplant and then start giving back to Churchill County and surrounding areas.

No comments: